Escanaba Downtown Development Authority Board Members
- Dan Bender, Chairperson,Quality Sew & Vac
- Eric Swanson, Vice Chair, Garceau Insurance
- Patricia Baribeau, Treasurer, Escanaba Steam Laundry & Dry Cleaners
- Marc Tall, Trustee, Mayor
- Patrick Jordan, Trustee, City Manager
- Mark Ammel, Trustee, Bobaloon’s Cafe
- Andy Crispigna, Trustee, Crispigna’s
- Peggy Berg, Trustee, Citizen
- Curt Spaulding, Trustee, Catmando’s
Escanaba Downtown Development Authority Administration
- Judy Schroeder, Executive Director
DDA ESCANABA BIOS
Scott Czasak was appointed Director of the Escanaba DDA in 2020. Scott holds a Master’s Degree in Public Administration and a Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science from Oakland University. Prior to moving to Escanaba, Scott lived in the Metro Detroit region of Michigan where he was active in local politics. Previously, Scott worked as a legislative staffer for the US House of Representatives and the Michigan State House of Representatives and owned a small consulting business. He recently was a fellow in MSU’s Michigan Political Leadership Program. In his spare time, Scott enjoys working around his home, especially lawn maintenance, and enjoying craft beer and exotic foods.
Judy Schroeder has been the Assistant Director of the Escanaba DDA since 2002, with a number of stints as Interim Director in-between. Judy originally moved to Escanaba in 1980 and during her time in the city she has worked at both the City Clerk and the Public Service Departments, among others. An active citizen, Judy serves on a number of Boards and Commissions for the City and is a regular City volunteer. In her spare time, Judy enjoys gardening and taking care of her various wild animals.